PMI Worldwide is looking for a engineering project management leader to oversee new product development projects as part of our product engineering team . We’re growing rapidly and we need an experienced and dynamic project management professional to develop the processes and project discipline that will enable our aggressive planned growth. You’ll lead all aspects of project management from program reviews and project kickoffs to product launch. Your team will interface with product management, industrial design, quality assurance, engineering, production and supply chain teams to deliver a constant flow of innovative products that revolutionize the way people enjoy beverages and food everywhere. Your passion for working on a multitude of competing projects will inspire the new product development community to deliver an amazing array of products on challenging timelines and budgets. If you like to think big, take ownership and win as a team, and you want to leave the world better than you found it, we want to hear from you!
- Capture program reviews and project kickoffs to make sure projects are planned and resourced for success. Collaborate with resource managers to ensure appropriate staffing and support on all projects;
- Ensure execution of project deliverables are aligned with customer expectations, on time, on budget and right quality, including identifying and mitigating risk and facilitating trade-offs as needed;
- Manage the communication of project status, prioritization and risk within project teams and to supporting departments and the Senior Leadership Team;
- Facilitate the involvement of quality throughout the development process and support internal and external product quality teams in resolving technical or performance issues;
- Establish and maintain a culture of winning as a team and taking ownership throughout the new product development (NPD) community;
- Implement, continuously improve and champion the new product development (NPD) process throughout PMI globally;
- Recruit, retain, develop and promote engineering project management talent, directly managing one or more project management professionals.
Demonstrated ability in the following:
- Creating project and program plans including analysis and planning of deliverables, resources, timelines, budgets and risk;
- Leading and coaching cross-functional teams in a diverse, matrixed organization with tight timelines, cost and quality targets;
- Quickly building credibility and trust at all levels of the organization for effective collaboration towards mutual outcomes;
- Developing a sense of urgency in stakeholders while also building a solid foundation for future collaboration;
- Negotiating changes that substantially impact the scope, budget or schedule of a project;
- Reporting project deliverables, risks, quality, resourcing and costs to provide status and facilitate decision making;
- Continuously improving project related processes and tools through lessons learned and best practices from across PMI;
- Mentoring, training, and developing direct and indirect team members;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an exceptional ability to simplify complex concepts and to bring clarity in the face of ambiguity;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organization and time management skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, SmartSheet and other project management software is a bonus.
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of project management experience leading customer-facing engineering projects;
- 3+ years in a management position with direct reports;
- Successful track record delivering a constant flow of products with aggressive timelines to multiple product lines by leveraging virtual teams spread across the globe;
- A PMP or PMI-ACP certification or work experience demonstrating equivalent competency;
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline. MBA preferred;
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time;
- Experience with or knowledge of the manufacturing processes, materials or CMF related to hard goods including plastics, stainless steel, glass and ceramics is highly desired;
- Experience working and communicating directly with supply chain personnel including production engineers and factory liaisons, at Asian factories in particular, is highly desired.
For more Information, visit: https://www.pmi-worldwide.com
Comprehensive compensation and benefits package including 401(k) plan.Apply