PMI Worldwide is looking for a Design Engineer. We’re growing rapidly and need a talented and agile design engineer to help us scale. You’ll act as a technical advisor to a cross functional team and be the critical link between great design and what’s possible in terms of manufacturing. You will interface with product management, industrial design, quality assurance, and production engineering in delivering a constant flow of innovative products that revolutionize the way people enjoy beverages and food everywhere. Your passion for working on a multitude of competing projects will inspire the new product development team to deliver an amazing array of products on challenging timelines. You will be the key Engineer for PMI’s largest customer.
If you like to think big, take ownership, win as a team, and leave the world better than you found it, we want to hear from you!
- Design reliable, useable and cost effective solutions for consumer products;
- Own the design and execution of components and assemblies including validation and testing;
- Own and cultivate factory relationships;
- Manage, execute and report on ~30-40 active projects at one time varying in complexity and scope;
- Deliver feedback, guidance, and technical leadership to industrial design and product management teams during initial product concept and design phases of product development process;
- Create and maintain product specifications and validation plans including risk analysis;
- Coordinate competitive benchmarking and validation testing of new product prototypes;
- Work with the R&D team to implement new technology opportunities for products in development phase;
- Support junior Design engineers, Production Engineers, and Factory Liaison Managers to launch products on time, on scope and in budget;
- Ensure patent protection on new product designs and other areas of intellectual property development;
- Direct document control efforts and ensure process rigor, creating or advising on the creation of Bills of Materials;
- Visually communicate construction methods and design intent across teams, globally;
- This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
Skills and Experience
- Successful track record delivering a constant flow of products with aggressive timelines
- Proven ability to leverage virtual teams spread across the globe
- Advanced knowledge and technical process expert on manufacturing processes specifically including metal forming and plastic injection molding, casting, post-op decorative treatments
- Knowledge of materials and Color, Material, Finish related to consumer hard goods including plastics, stainless steel, glass, ceramics;
- Experience working and communicating directly with production engineers and factories
- Experience in consumer hard goods industry desired;
- 10+ years (or equivalent) of experience in product design and manufacturing including Lean Design and Design for Manufacture; Experience with Asia based factories required;
- 5+ years of experience with CAD (SolidWorks preferred);
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical or Design);
- Excellent technical, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively work with individuals and groups at all levels within the organization;
- Self-motivated with an ability to prioritize tasks; must have time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to efficiently translate product requirements and industrial design into manufacturable and robust engineering solutions;
- Work accurately with close attention to detail;
- Adapt to changing business needs and deadlines;
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
PMI is dedicated to creating a better world! Whether that is in sustainability efforts, created innovative products for consumers to enjoy, volunteering, or playing outdoors! These are just a few of the things we love here at PMI Worldwide and we would love you to apply to learn more about the roles and amazing things we are doing. Apply now and start your next adventure with us.
Comprehensive compensation and benefits package including 401(k) plan. Help us build our success story today.Apply