This position will provide engineering, technical and project management leadership in new product development to ensure that projects are delivered on time with desired performance; provide technical guidance in design and manufacturability to the factory in plastic processing and secondary processes.
- Project management of all engineering tasks from post-design to pre production, product development of plastic injected/or blow molding products.
- Develop product performance and qualification requirement to ensure final product meet the design.
- Provide recommendation to industry designers on product manufacturability and potential quality issues
- Tooling development control to ensure successful manufacturing execution in quality and delivery.
- Manage multiple technical projects and tasks simultaneously and ensuring completion of the projects.
- Interface with factory engineer and internal Quality department to ensure standards are will define, communicated, understood and met.
- Solving technical issues during development and production phase.
- Fully communicate all issues and solutions among all teams and factories
- Utilize project management software to ensure proper information is updated and communicated.
- Research and develop of new material/process as assigned
- Keep up to date on material and machinery in the market place.
- Provide internal technical training for engineering team
- Apply statistical method and process capabilities to trouble shoot
- Above Bachelor degree, majoring in Mechanical or Plastic Engineering.
- Over 10 years industrial mechanical engineering and manufacturing experience.
- Well experienced and hands on with plastic material, tooling injection and concerning plastic processing technique.
- Familiar with 3D CAD. Solidworks 2005 preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone.
- Solid word processing and computer database skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good personal skills with the ability to effectively work with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Ability to study and apply new information.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness and punctuality.
Education and Experience:
- B.S Mechanical or Plastic engineering or equivalent related experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience.