Responsible for strategical planning, developing and managing product category for PMI’s private label business in Asia Pacific regions. This position will manage the new product development, differentiated channel product assortment integration to meet customer and consumer needs in brick & mortar, e-retail and specialty channels and stage product offerings to maximize sales revenue and healthy profit.
- Responsible for the relevant brand product line management, including existing product category utilization, improvement and merchandising etc.
- Follow up and manage new project development process of NPD
- Responsible for the management and coordination of internal designer and other related cross- functional team members as planned to complete the new product development or SMU project, and is responsible for coordinating production, quality inspection department, sales department and related departments to ensure project smoothly
- Be responsible for the packaging, product instructions and so on that related to project management, to ensure that the final version is updated according to the product development plans
- Responsible for market research work to gain consumer insights into new market segments or product categories, or potential new product opportunities, as well as through 3rd party to collect competition information of price point, promotion, channel of distribution, strengths and weakness to support future product development plan.
- Quarterly review and analyze product sell-in and sell through information with business manager to identify product performance, understand internal and external factors that impact selling, and define the related category adjustment.
- Become educated on and understand emerging macro and category market trends. Meet with consumer prior to seasonal kick off to probe and understand new business initiatives
Interaction and Environment:
- Reports To: Asia Product Director
- Work areas are inside in a climate-controlled environment with moderate background noise.
Material and Equipment Used:
- Ten Key/Calculator
- Fax Machine
- General Office Supplies
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions
- Sitting/Standing/Walking: Approximately 65% of time is spent working at a desk. Approximately 15% is spent moving around work areas, balance of time (approximately 20% is spent on market walking and traveling.
- Speaking/Hearing: Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, customers and outside agencies, by telephone and in person.
- Vision: Ability to effectively use a computer screen and interpret printed materials, memos and other appropriate paperwork.
- Lifting/Carrying: Ability to transport files and supplies.
- Stooping/Kneeling: Ability to access files and supplies.
- Reaching/Handling: Ability to input information into computer systems and retrieve and work with appropriate paperwork, equipment and supplies.
- Have a systemic thinking, logical and creative; show the creative suggestions at work, can also organize planning, execution and the evaluation of the detailed works.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing and in person.
- Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem- prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Good personal skills with the ability to effectively work with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Ability to study and apply new information.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness and punctuality.
- Solid word processing and computer database skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & etc.
Education and Experience:
- 5-8 plus year product development and project management, merchandising experience with internationally recognized brands
- Experienced with retail channel product development by season and promotion
- Design, graphics knowledge is a plus
- English and Mandarin Chinese language proficiency
- International travel with no visa restriction is preferred
- Willing to be based in Shanghai, China