The Help Desk Administrator is the first point of contact between PMI professional staff and the Business Information Services Team. Because of this, it is important the person in this role delivers solid technological assistance, have proven customer service skills, and be able to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal) and Chinese (Mandarin). This role requires a person who is on-time, present, visible, available, and who acts proactively to ensure minimal user downtime.
- Provide solid technical support and great customer service to end-users.
- Research, find and apply appropriate solutions to a vast array of technical issues.
- Build and configure workstations and laptops.
- Support BIS Team in project related work.
- Occasionally provide support during off-hours, on-call support, or work additional hours as needed.
Interaction and Environment:
- Reports To: HR Officer and IT Manager
- Work areas are inside in a climate-controlled environment with moderate background noise.
Material and Equipment Used:
- Ten Key/Calculator
- Fax Machine
- General Office Supplies
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions
- Sitting/Standing/Walking: Approximately 50% of time is spent working at a desk. Balance of time is spent moving around work areas.
- Speaking/Hearing: Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, customers and outside agencies, by telephone and in person.
- Vision: Ability to effectively use a computer screen and interpret printed materials, memos and other appropriate paperwork.
- Lifting/Carrying: Ability to transport files and supplies.
- Stooping/Kneeling: Ability to access files and supplies.
- Reaching/Handling: Ability to input information into computer systems and retrieve and work with appropriate paperwork, equipment and supplies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- Comfortable resolving issues in multicultural environment.
- Ability to “think on your feet” and adapt to changing priorities.
- Multitasking - must be able to work and track progress on several projects simultaneously.
- Strong drive for personal and professional growth and development.
- Detail oriented, with excellent organization skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Excellent follow up skills, proactive approach to customer service.
- Works collaboratively with team and across all functional areas of the organization. Possess a strong work ethic.
- Skilled at developing documentation, both for end-users and other members of the technical team.
- Experience developing and delivering end-user training sessions on technology tools.
Education and Experience:
- A Technical Degree or at least four years of related field experience.
- At least 3 years supporting user operating systems including Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Mac OS.
- Solid understanding of all Microsoft Office products (2010-2013 on PCs, and 2011 on Macs).
- Mobile Phone Support Experience – iOS & Android, primarily.
- General knowledge of how a network works in an enterprise environment. Working knowledge of TCP/IP as well as DNS and DHCP services.
- General knowledge of network security best practices.
- Experience using OS deployment tool such as Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Windows Deployment Services, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, or Symantec Ghost.
- An understanding of Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2012) concepts and the ability to assist in troubleshooting problems that could be a result of server issues.
- Experience with Active Directory Administration in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange Administration experience desired.
- Scripting (Batch, PowerShell, VB) and automation skills a plus.