PMI Worldwide is looking for an Associate Design Engineer. We’re growing rapidly and need a talented and agile design engineer to help us scale. You’ll gain experience working on a cross functional team, learning product design, documentation, and validation. You will interface with product management, industrial design, quality assurance, and production engineering in delivering a constant flow of innovative products that revolutionize the way people enjoy beverages and food everywhere. Your passion for working on a multitude of competing projects will inspire the new product development team to deliver an amazing array of products on challenging timelines. If you like to think big, take ownership, win as a team, and leave the world better than you found it, we want to hear from you!
- Design reliable, useable and cost effective solutions for consumer products;
- Own the design and execution of components and assemblies including validation and testing;
- Manage, execute and report on ~20-30 active projects at one time varying in complexity and scope;
- Deliver feedback to industrial design and product management teams during initial product concept and design phases of product development process;
- Create and maintain product specifications and validation plans including risk analysis;
- Execute competitive benchmarking and validation testing of new product prototypes;
- Support Production Engineers and Factory Liaison Managers to launch products on time, on scope and in budget;
- Ensure patent protection on new product designs and other areas of intellectual property development;
- Create Bills of Materials and other process documents;
- Visually communicate construction methods and design intent across teams, globally;
- This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
Skills and Experience:
- Successful track record delivering a constant flow of projects with aggressive timelines
- Ability to leverage virtual teams spread across the globe
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes specifically including metal forming and plastic injection molding;
- Knowledge of materials and Color, Material, Finish related to consumer hard goods including plastics, stainless steel, glass, ceramics desired;
- Experience working and communicating directly with production engineers and factories desired;
- Experience in consumer hard goods industry desired;
- 1+ years of experience in product design, Lean Design and Design for Manufacture; Experience with Asia based factories desired;
- 3+ years of experience with CAD (SolidWorks preferred);
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical or Design);
- Excellent technical, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively work with individuals and groups at all levels within the organization;
- Self-motivated with an ability to prioritize tasks; must have time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to efficiently translate product requirements and industrial design into manufacturable and robust engineering solutions;
- Work accurately with close attention to detail;
- Adapt to changing business needs and deadlines;
- Experience programming or building test equipment (Raspberry Pi or Arduino desired);
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
PMI Worldwide is a leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing innovative food and beverage solutions that are found on the shelves and sites of leading retailers throughout the globe. We take great pride in our corporate social responsibility and one of our core values is to make the world a better place. We need your thought leadership, financial expertise and entrepreneurial drive to help us scale and change the world. Comprehensive compensation and benefits package including 401(k) plan. Help us build our success story today.Apply