Responsibilities include, but are not and limited to collection on past due accounts, new account credit analysis and set up, counter-claim review, report creation, cash posting, and process management.
- Post cash daily.
- Reconcile VAT invoices with Oracle invoices daily so that both systems match.
- Reconcile Oracle with UFIDA to get the understand for the variance monthly
- Send monthly statements to all accounts with aging balances.
- Send weekly emails/phone calls to customers with a past due balance.
- When an account is past due figure out the reason, follow PMI’s defined process for putting accounts on hold, and work to get payment sent as soon as possible.
- Perform a thorough credit analysis on new customers seeking credit and follow PMI’s Global Credit Policy.
- Review the credit of existing accounts on an ongoing basis and based on their payment trends and risk make appropriate credit decisions.
- Process customer allowances in a timely and accurate manner.
- Evaluate customer payment deductions in a timely manner, and when appropriate file relevant counterclaims.
- Review sales allowances and chargeback rates by customer and communicate trends with accounting manager and sales team.
- Attend weekly meetings with Credit Manager and Account Manager and speak knowledgably about how the accounts are aging out.
- Other accounts receivable related work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone.
- Solid word processing and computer database skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good personal skills with the ability to effectively work with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Ability to study and apply new information.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness and punctuality.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Above 2 years AR experience
- Experience in retail channel is plus
- Solid English speaking and writing skills
Interaction and Environment:
- Reports To: Accounting Manager
- Work areas are inside in a climate-controlled environment with moderate background noise.
Material and Equipment Used:
- Ten Key/Calculator
- Fax Machine
- General Office Supplies
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions
- Sitting/Standing/Walking: Approximately 50% of time is spent working at a desk. Balance of time is spent moving around work areas.
- Speaking/Hearing: Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, customers and outside agencies, by telephone and in person.
- Vision: Ability to effectively use a computer screen and interpret printed materials, memos and other appropriate paperwork.
- Lifting/Carrying: Ability to transport files and supplies.
- Stooping/Kneeling: Ability to access files and supplies.
- Reaching/Handling: Ability to input information into computer systems and retrieve and work with appropriate paperwork, equipment and supplies.